Thursday, August 25, 2011

ORA-01261 and ORA-01262 while using dbca to create a database

I was using dbca to create a database on my server with Oracle ASM as the storage for the database files.

My ASM diskgroup was called DATA, so while using the dbca GUI to create the database I entered "DATA" as below for the database area.



I then clicked the Next button on the screen, and moved to the next screen. I then entered some information on the next couple of screens and on clicking Finish, then creation of the database started.

This is when I saw the ORA-01261 and the ORA-01262 error messages as shown below.

 At this point click on the Abort button and start over again. This time when you are asked for the storage type for the database files, enter "+DATA" as shown below.

Things worked fine after there.

No comments: